Score: Roanoke 1 | Ferrum 0
Records: Roanoke 3-1-1 | Ferrum 3-2-0
Location: Ferrum, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke used an early first-half goal to earn a 1-0 win over Ferrum Wednesday night on the road.
How it Happened:
- Just under seven minutes into the contest, Ellie Schad found the back of the net off a pass from Tori Young to give RC what proved to be the game-winner.
- Roanoke tried to extend its lead with two shots in the final minute of the first half as Kaitlyn Mason hit the post and Taylor Sayegh fired off a shot at the buzzer that was saved by keeper Taylor Dodson to keep it a 1-0 game.
- The Maroons rattled off nine shots following the intermission with two coming from Kathryn Van Orden back-to-back within the 56th minute mark but both attempts were blocked.
- RC held a 24-4 advantage in shots on the night and a 10-0 edge in corner kicks.
- Dodson made nine saves on the night for the Panthers while Chris Martin made four for Roanoke.
Up Next: Women's Soccer travels to Ashland, Va. on Saturday to open conference play with a 1:30 p.m. match-up with Randolph-Macon.