Score: No. 3 Lynchburg 10, No. 6 Roanoke 7
Records: Roanoke 8-8 | Lynchburg 9-7
Location: Lynchburg, Va.
The Lead: Third-seeded Lynchburg held off a second-half rally by six-seeded Roanoke to win 10-7 in the quarterfinals of the 2018 ODAC Women's Lacrosse Tournament.
How it Happened
- Ellie Armstrong gave RC a 1-0 lead at the 26:31 mark of the first-half.
- With the score 1-1, Roanoke's Hannah Taylor scored on a feed from Lainey Decker, giving RC a 2-1 lead with 23:06 left in the first-half.
- A goal by LC's Carly Sandler tied the game at 2-2 and sparked a 6-0 run for the Hornets who would take a 7-2 lead into the intermission.
- Down 8-2 with just under 17 minutes left in the second-half, Jenna Kuczo scored the first of four unanswered goals for RC, the last of which coming from Kuczo that made it 8-6 with 12:32 to play.
- That would be as close as RC would get as LC scored the next two goals to go up 10-6 and put the game away.
- Armstrong finished with two goals and two assists and Kuczo had two goals. Brooke Thacker had five groundballs for the Maroons. Carly Schoudel made 13 saves in goal for RC.
- Sandler and Kelsi Trevisan each had three goals for Lynchburg.