Score: Roanoke 10, Lynchburg 9 (ot)
Records: Roanoke 5-9, 5-1 ODAC | Lynchburg 7-5, 3-3 ODAC
Location: Lynchburg, Va.
The Lead: Morgan Barlow's overtime goal gave Roanoke a 10-9 come from behind victory over Lynchburg Friday night in ODAC Women's Lacrosse.
How it Happened
- Roanoke found itself down 7-1 after a Laura Meisner goal with five minutes to go in the first-half.
- The Maroons rally started when Allison Beames made it 7-2 with 4:30 on the clock. Barlow scored less than a minute later to cut the deficit to 7-3.
- Courtney McCartin set up Sarah Kroneberger for a strike with 1:30 to go, before a Katie Clements goal from Barlow with 38 seconds left on the clock sent the teams to the break with LC up 7-5.
- Alicia Sandoval opened the second-half scoring, getting a goal for Lynchburg to make the score 8-5 with 28:36 to go in the game.
- Jenn Schwechheimer sparked a three goal run when she scored to make it an 8-6 game with 23:51 on the clock.
- Barlow scored less than two minutes after Schwecheimer's goal to cut it to 8-7 before another strike from Schwecheimer 55 seconds after Barlow tied the game at 8-8 with 21 minutes to play.
- It stayed that way until there was just three minutes left when Kelsi Trevisan scored to give LC a 9-8 lead.
- Roanoke gained possession following the LC goal when Lainey Decker corralled the ensuing draw control and Barlow would score with 59 seconds left to tie the game.
- In overtime, Clements won the draw control to give RC possession. Barlow was fouled while driving to the net with 3:14 left and was then able to convert a free-position shot to give RC the win.
- Barlow finished with four goals and an assist. Schwecheimer had two goals, while McCartin finished with a goal and two assists. Clements had seven draw controls and seven groundballs for RC.
- Emma Blair made three saves for RC, including two key stops after RC had tied the game in the second-half.
Up Next: Roanoke will be return to action on April 22 when it heads to Randolph-Macon for a key ODAC game at 1:00 p.m.