Score: Roanoke 13 | Guilford 5
Records: Roanoke 4-9, 4-1 ODAC | Guilford 6-7, 3-2 ODAC
Location: Greensboro, N.C.
The Lead: Roanoke scored eight goals in the second half to take a 13-5 win over Guilford Wednesday night in Greensboro, N.C.
How it Happened:
- Julia Galanto put Roanoke on the board as she found the back of the net just over one minute into the contest.
- The Quakers tied the game six minutes later before the Maroons went on a 3-0 run sparked by a goal from Allison Beames. Hannah Taylor scored back-to-back goals just two minutes apart to give RC a 4-1 lead with 10 minutes left in the half.
- After giving a one-up goal at the 8:19 mark, Katie Clements scored 13 seconds later. Madison Iandoli scored the final goal of the half with two minutes remaining to send the teams into the intermission with RC leading 5-3.
- The Maroons scored five straight goals in 10 minutes to kick off the second half started by Courtney McCartin seven minutes in. McCartin netted another off a free position a minute later followed by a free position goal from Beames. Morgan Barlow capped the 5-0 run with an unassisted goal with 20:30 left to make it a 10-3 game.
- Guilford responded with a pair of goals at the 15:01 mark and a free position goal at 14:21 but that would be all the Quakers would get as the Maroons scored the last three goals of the contest headed by two goals from Jenn Schwechheimer.
- Emma Blair made seven saves on the night while Sammi Milbourn made 15. McCartin, Schwechheimer, Taylor, Beames and Barlow all recorded two goals for the Maroons while Summer Fowler and Iandoli tallied two each for the Quakers.
- Roanoke owned a 36-18 advantage in shots, a 13-7 edge in draw controls and a 29-22 lead in groundballs.
Up Next: Roanoke returns to action on Friday as it heads to Lynchburg for a 7 p.m. match-up with the Hornets.