Score: Roanoke 62, Randolph 50
Records: Roanoke 5-8, 2-2 ODAC | Randolph 3-9, 0-4 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va. | Cregger Center
The Lead: Roanoke scored a 62-50 ODAC Women's Basketball victory Saturday afternoon against Randolph.
How it Happened
- Roanoke jumped out to a 7-0 lead to start the game and would go up 11-2 with just under a minute to go in the first quarter on a Laura McManimen jumper.
- RC led 13-4 heading into the second quarter before Randolph opened the second frame with an 18-3 run, taking a 22-16 lead after a pair of Jade Jarvis free-throws with 4:14 left in the first-half.
- RC would score nine of the final 12 points of the half as the teams headed to the locker room with the score tied at 25.
- With the score tied at 38 with 4:27 to play in the third quarter, RC went on a 10-3 run to close the quarter with a 48-41 edge.
- In the fourth quarter, RC opened up an 11 point advantage on a McManimen basket with just under seven minutes to go in the game.
- Randolph would cut the deficit to six at 54-48 with 1:41 to play, but Molly Hassell knocked down a three-pointer to push the RC lead back to nine.
- McManimen led RC with 17 points. Hassell had 12 points, Kristina Harrel added nine and Chris Martin had seven points to go along with eight rebounds.
- Kalyn Banks scored 17 points for Randolph which also got a game-high 14 rebounds from Alexis Calloway.
Up Next: Roanoke will travel to Lynchburg on Wednesday for a 7:00 p.m. game.