Score: Babson 61 | Roanoke 56
Records: Roanoke 2-6 | Babson 6-2
Location: Wellesley, Mass.
The Lead: Roanoke dropped a 61-56 non-conference decision to Babson Monday afternoon in Wellesley, Massachusetts.
How it Happened:
- Molly Hassell recorded 18 points, going 6-for-9 from behind the arc. Laura McManimen tallied 15 points as she went 3-for-9 from three-point range.
- Babson was led by Payton Ouimette who had 18 points and 21 rebounds as the Beavers held a 53-21 edge on the glass.
- Roanoke shot 38.5% (20-for-52) from the field in the loss, going 10-for-22 from three. Babson shot 35.1% going 20-for-57.
- With the score 16-15 Babson, Roanoke used a 15-1 run with five consecutive three-pointers, with three coming from Hassell, to take a 30-17 lead with five minutes to play in the first half.
- The Beavers closed the gap to nine with a lay-up as time expired as the Maroons headed into the intermission with a 34-25 lead.
- With the score tied at 41, the Beavers scored two straight lay-ups to head into the fourth quarter with a 45-41 advantage as Babson outscored Roanoke 20-7 in the third quarter.
- Hassell made her final three of the day with less than three minutes left in regulation to make it 54-51, BC. Babson went on the make five free throws down the stretch to secure the win.
Up Next: Roanoke faces Bates on Tuesdays at 2 p.m. on the campus of Babson in Wellesley, Mass.