Score: Roanoke 67 | Bridgewater 64
Records: Roanoke 2-3 / 1-0 ODAC | Bridgewater 1-4 / 0-1 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke opened ODAC play with a 67-64 win over Bridgewater in Salem on Tuesday night.
How it Happened:
- Corinne McPadden led RC with 15 points. Laura McManimen knocked down three, three-pointers on her way to a 13 point night, while Kristina Harrell chipped in with 11 points and Chris Martin had eight points off the bench for the Maroons. McPadden grabbed nine rebounds to help RC to a 38-26 edge on the glass for the game.
- Bridgewater got 17 points from Kaitlyn Lehan and 16 points from Briana Moore. Allie Coburn snared eight rebounds off the bench for BC.
- The Eagles shot 50% in the first quarter, knocking down 10-of-20 shots from the floor and got six points from both Briana Moore and Kaitlyn Lehan to lead 21-17 after the first 10 minutes of play.
- In the second quarter, BC led 25-17 before RC went on an 8-2 run that was capped by a pair of Allison Livengood free-throws to make the score 27-25 with 4:32 to go in the half.
- BC led 33-29 going into the intermission and went up 35-29 following a Nina Novosel bucket to open the second-half. RC rattled off a 14-3 run, taking a 43-38 lead following a pair of makes from the charity stripe by McPadden. The Eagles battled back using a 9-2 run to tie the game at 47 with 1:18 left in the quarter. McPadden would make two free-throws in the closing seconds to give the Maroons a 49-47 lead heading into the final quarter.
- With the Eagles leading 55-54 with five minutes to play in the game, a McManimen three-pointer sparked what would prove to be an 8-2 run by the Maroons that was capped by another McManimen trifecta that made the score 62-57 with two minutes to play.
- Roanoke would ice the game by making five free-throws in the final minute and a half to seal the game.
Up Next: Roanoke returns to action when it hosts Washington and Lee on Dec. 5 at 7:00 p.m.