Score: Roanoke 79 | Salem 65
Records: Roanoke 1-3 | Salem 2-2
Location: Winston-Salem, N.C.
The Lead: Roanoke earned its first win of the season with a 79-65 victory over Salem College in Winston-Salem, N.C. Tuesday night.
How it Happened:
- Laura McManimen led the Maroons with 18 points followed by Corinne McPadden who came off the bench and scored 15. Molly Hassell and Chris Martin joined in with double digits with 11 and 10 points, respectively.
- Sabrina Shepherd scored a game-high 20 points for Salem College while Hannah McBride had a double-double with 11 points and 10 steals.
- A three-pointer from Megan Wheeler sparked a 12-0 run for RC to take a 24-8 lead with just over one minute left in the first quarter.
- McManimen made back-to-back threes to give Roanoke a 44-28 lead with one minute left in the first half.
- With the score 52-42 in the third quarter, McPadden scored the next six points for Roanoke to extend the lead to 58-44.
- Roanoke shot 43.5% from behind the arc going 10-for-23, headed by McManimen going 4-for-7 and Hassell going 3-for-6. Salem was held to 18.8% from behind the arc going 3-for-16 on the night.
- RC went 28-for-56 from the field for 50.0% while holding SC to 33.3% (21-for-63).
- Salem held a 39-28 edge on the boards.
Up Next: Roanoke returns to action on Nov. 28 with a 7 p.m. home match-up against Bridgewater.