Score: Hood 89, Roanoke 81
Records: Roanoke 6-4, Hood 6-5
Location: Salem, Va. | Susan Dunagan Holiday Classic
The Lead: Hood scored 29 fourth quarter points en route to an 89-81 win over Roanoke in women's basketball action Thursday night.
How it Happened:
- Roanoke was led by Jamella Foster who scored 20 points in the loss. Cary Beahm added 19, while Molly Hassell had 14 and Bridget Holleran chipped in with 12.
- Hood jumped out to a 12-2 lead in the first quarter before the Maroons fought back and closed the gap to two when a Hassell basket made the score 23-21.
- An Allison Livengood bucket to start the second quarter made it 24-21 before Hood went on an 18-9 run to open up a 42-30 lead late in the half.
- Hood led 42-34 at the break but RC would score 13 of the first 17 points of the third quarter, taking a 47-46 lead on a basketball by Chris Martin.
- The game remained close with Hood holding a 60-58 lead going into the fourth quarter. With the score 69-64 Hood with six minutes to play, the Blazers went on a 12-4 run opening up an 11 point advantage with four minutes to play.
Up Next: Roanoke will face The College at Brockport on Friday at 1:30 p.m. on the final day of the Susan Dunagan Classic.