Score: Roanoke 3 | Emory & Henry 1
Records: Roanoke 13-4-1, 8-1 ODAC | Emory & Henry 5-13-1, 0-8-1 ODAC
Location: Kerr Stadium
The Lead: Men's Soccer closed out the regular season with a 3-1 win over Emory & Henry.
How it Happened:
- Roanoke scored three goals in the first half to secure the ODAC win.
- Atticus Cooke scored off a cross from Brandon Bauer to give the Maroons a 1-0 lead at the 19:26 mark.
- Two minutes later, Jose Robertson doubled the lead with a goal off a pass from Fortune Sibanda.
- With 41:04 on the clock, Cole Thornton scored with a left-footed volley, assisted from Jon-Cody Mactutus, to head into the intermission with a 3-0 advantage.
- Emory & Henry closed the gap with a goal by David Jackson in the final eight minutes to make it a 3-1 game.
- Roanoke owned a 20-6 edge in shots and an 8-2 advantage in corners. Alex Sullivan made the only save on the night after replacing starter Nick Tadros in goal.
- Samuel Irvin made eight saves for the Wasps on the night.
Up Next: Roanoke heads into the Old Dominion Athletic Conference Tournament as the No. 2 seed. The Maroons will host a quarterfinal game on Saturday at 6 p.m. at Kerr Stadium.