Score: Roanoke 2 | Averett 1
Records: Roanoke 4-1-1 | Averett 1-2-1
Location: Danville, Va.
The Lead: Brandon Bauer's goal in the 88th minute lifted Roanoke to a 2-1 Men's Soccer win over Averett on Wednesday night in Danville, Va.
How it Happened:
- Neither team was able to find the back of the net, but the Maroons controlled play in the first-half, outshooting the Cougars 7-1. AU keeper Austin Bramhall made four saves to keep RC off the board and the match scoreless at half time.
- David Kuttner helped the Maroons break through when he headed a pass from Bauer inside the far post to give RC a 1-0 lead in the 61st minute of play.
- AU got the equalizer just over 10 minutes later when David Cuperman scored an unassisted strike to even the match.
- In the 88th minute, Bauer used a shot from the top of the 18 to beat Bramhall and score the game-winner.
- Roanoke outshot Averett 23-4, including 16-4 in the second-half. Roanoke had 10 corner kicks, including eight in the second stanza.
- Bramhall made eight saves, while Nick Tadros did not have to make a save in the win.
Up Next: Roanoke heads to Mary Washington Saturday for a 2:00 p.m. match with the Eagles.