Score: Roanoke 20 | Randolph-Macon 8
Records: Roanoke 10-4, 5-2 ODAC | Randolph-Macon 7-7, 2-4 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke rolled to a 20-8 ODAC win over Randolph-Macon Saturday afternoon in Salem.
How it Happened:
- Roanoke jumped out to a 3-0 lead just under three minutes into the game capped by a goal from Brendan Devane at 12:06 in the first quarter.
- With the score 4-2 RC, Roanoke closed the quarter with goals from Garritt Schwarz and Jason Sarro to extend the lead to 6-2.
- The Maroons held the Yellow Jackets scoreless for 21:21, including the entire second quarter, to take a 10-2 lead into the intermission following a man-up goal from IV Stucker, assisted from Sarro, in the final six seconds.
- During halftime, the 1978 Men's Lacrosse National Championship Team was recognized in celebrating their 40th anniversary of the national title as a part of the College's Alumni Weekend.
- The Maroons opened the third with three unanswered goals with back-to-back scores from Schwarz to make it 13-2.
- Roanoke took its biggest lead of the day following a goal from Stucker to make it 18-5 with 11 minutes left in the game.
- Schwarz led the way with five goals and Hayden Miller and Matthew Lintner each had three.
- RC held a 42-32 edge in groundballs and a 56-26 advantage in shots. Ian Davies made eight saves on the day, while Chris Cerrina made 15 for R-MC in goal.
Up Next: Roanoke hosts Bridgewater on Wednesday, April 18 in the Maroons final home game of the regular season. Start time is scheduled for 7 p.m. at Kerr Stadium.