Score: No. 16 Roanoke 17, Bridgewater 10
Records: Roanoke 11-3, 7-1 ODAC | Bridgewater 6-8, 2-5 ODAC
Location: Bridgewater, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke topped Bridgewater 17-10 in ODAC Men's Lacrosse action on Wednesday afternoon.
How it Happened
- The Maroons got hat tricks from both IV Stucker and Jason Sarro. Brendan Devane, Cameron Linsley, Kevin Jackson and Peter Lindley all had two goals for RC.
- Roanoke's defense caused 37 Bridgewater turnovers and held BC to 17-of-26 on clear attempts. RC won the groundball battle 39-36, led by Josh Vetter who scooped up six in the win. Ian Davies played the first-half in net for RC making six stops, while Burke McManus made three stops in the second-half.
- With the score tied 1-1 in the first quarter, BC went on a three goal run, taking a 4-1 lead following a Chris Voorhees goal with 3:16 on the clock.
- Stucker scored with 25 seconds left then Jackson opened the second quarter scoring, making it 4-3 with 13 minutes to go in the half.
- Bridgewater led 6-4 with 7:17 to go when Sarro scored the first of five goals in just over a three minute span with a Linsley score giving RC a 9-6 lead with 4:27 to go in the half.
- RC took the 9-6 lead to the intermission and got a goal from Steven Jackson to make it 10-6 at the 12:28 mark of the third quarter.
- BC cut the RC lead to 11-8 before the Maroons got scores from Stucker and Linsley to send Roanoke to the fourth quarter up 13-8.
- Roanoke scored three of the first four goals of the fourth quarter to put the game away.
- Sean MacLeish paced Bridgewater with three goals, while Voorhees and Blake Mann each had a pair. Michael Fairley made 22 saves for Bridgewater.
Up Next: Roanoke is back in action on Saturday when it hosts Washington and Lee at 2:00 p.m. in key ODAC game.