Score: No. 18 Roanoke 19, Shenandoah 12
Records: Roanoke 9-3, 5-1 ODAC | Shenandoah 8-5, 3-3 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: No. 18 Roanoke got six goals from Peter Lindley as the Maroons topped Shenandoah 19-12 in ODAC action on Wednesday night.
How it Happened
- RC went up early behind two goals from Lindley. SU closed the first quarter with four unanswered goals, then went up 5-2 on a Stephen LaTona strike at the 13:30 mark of the second quarter.
- A goal by Kevin Jackson 56 seconds later sparked what would prove to a be a 6-0 run for the Maroons to close the half, capped by a Brendan Devane goal to make it 8-5 at the break.
- SU got a goal from Michael Brooks to start the third quarter before Jason Sarro, Cameron Linsley and Lindley scored in just under a two minute span to put RC up 11-6.
- With the score 11-7, Sarro scored with 6:24 to go in the third. Lindley followed suit 15 seconds later and IV Stucker scored at the 5:12 mark to make it 14-7.
- SU cut its deficit to 15-11 with 11:16 to play in the game, but Stucker and Joseph King scored back-to-back goals to push the RC lead to 17-11 with just under five minutes to play.
- Devane finished with four goals and three assists for a game-high seven points. Sarro had three goals, while Stucker had two goals and an assist.
- Ian Davies made nine stops in net for RC which outshot SU 59-37. Reid Kaminski won 11-of-18 face-offs for the Maroons and grabbed a game-high 10 groundballs, helping Roanoke to a 50-30 edge in that category.
- LaTona and Brooks each had three goals for Shenandoah, while Ben Judy made 10 saves for the Hornets.
Up Next: Roanoke is back in action on Saturday when it travels to Randolph-Macon for a 1:00 p.m. ODAC tilt.