Score: Roanoke 14, Sewanee 5
Records: Roanoke 2-1 | Sewanee 2-3
Location: Sewanee, Tenn.
The Lead: Reigning ODAC Player of the Week Peter Lindley scored seven times to lead Roanoke to a 14-5 road win at Sewanee on Saturday.
How it Happened
- Lindley scored seven times on 14 shots and also grabbed four groundballs. Jason Sarro scored twice and dished out three assists, while Brendan Devane, Cameron Linsley, Kevin Jackson, IV Stucker and Matthew Lintner each had a goal for the Maroons.
- Ian Davies started in the cage for RC and made 14 saves in 50 minutes of action before giving way to Burke McManus who made two stops.
- RC held a 47-33 edge in shots and converted 22-of-25 clear attempts.
- Sarro got RC on the board at the 11:40 mark of the first quarter, but Sewanee held a 2-1 edge after the first 15 minutes.
- Sarro scored 1:27 into the second quarter then Devane and Lindley scored 10 seconds apart to give RC a 4-2 lead. Lindley scored again with just under five minutes to play in the half and Stucker struck with 1:16 to play to send RC to the intermission up 6-2.
- A man-up goal by Sewanee's Hayden Hunt 21 seconds into the second half made it a 6-3 game but Lindley would score three times in just over a four minute span to vault RC to a 9-3 lead with 6:31 to play in the third.
- Roanoke led 10-4 heading into the fourth quarter and sealed the game with a goal from Jackson and a pair scores from Lindley to go out in front 13-4.
Up Next: Roanoke will be in action on Tuesday when it takes on Wittenberg at the McCallie School in Chattanooga, Tenn. Game time is set for 6:30 p.m.