Score: Lynchburg 90, Roanoke 85 (ot)
Records: Roanoke 8-5, 1-3 ODAC | Lynchburg 7-6, 1-3 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va. | Cregger Center
The Lead: Roanoke rallied from a 16 point halftime deficit to force overtime but fell to Lynchburg 90-85 in ODAC Men's Hoops action.
How it Happened
- Lynchburg connected on 13 three-pointers in the first-half, including five from Reggie Davis to hold a 51-35 lead at the intermission.
- A pair of free-throws from T.C. Thacker two minutes into the second half pushed the LC lead to 18 at 56-38.
- RC rallied with a 21-7 run, pulling within four points following a C.J. Miles three-pointer with 12 minutes to go in the game.
- LC responded and was able to regain a double-digit advantage when a Jamil Pasha three made it 72-61 with 8:39 to play.
- The Maroons then rattled off a 19-4 run, taking an 80-76 lead on a bucket by Josh Freund with 2:29 to go in the contest.
- With the score 82-79 RC, Logan Seacrist hit a three-pointer to tie the game with 24 seconds to go. RC had a chance to win the game on its final possession but Freund's shot fell short.
- In overtime, the score was tied 84-84 with just under three minutes to play. Lynchburg would make six foul shots in the final 2:15, while the Maroons turned the ball over four times during that span.
- Freund finished with a career-high 29 points and 15 rebounds. Miles had 19 points, Joey Miller added 11, while Jorden Davis had 13 points off the bench.
- Connor Schroeder had 24 points for LC and Davis added 19. LC finished with 19 three-pointers on the day.
Up Next: Roanoke returns to action on Tuesday when it travels to Emory & Henry for a 7:00 p.m. game.