Score: Washington College 3 | Roanoke 1
Records: Roanoke 12-3 | Washington College 9-6
Location: Chestertown, Md.
The Lead: Washington College defeated Roanoke 3-1 in a non-conference field hockey match-up Saturday in Chestertown, Md.
How it Happened:
- Washington College got on the board first with a goal as Kailyn Brandt found the back of the cage off a rebound from a save by Heather Schauder 17 minutes into the contest.
- The Shorewomen double their lead seven minutes later off a made penalty stroke taken by Megan Ritchey.
- Lauren Heffron closed the gap with a penalty stroke goal with 15 seconds remaining in the half to make it a 2-1 game headed into the half.
- After 20 scoreless minutes, Brandt tacked on the final goal of the game with a shot from mid-circle.
- Roanoke owned a 15-7 advantage in shots and a 12-3 edge in penalty corners.
- Schauder made two saves in cage for the Maroons and Morgan Domanico recorded nine saves for WC.
Up Next: Roanoke hosts Lynchburg on Wednesday at 7 p.m. at Kerr Stadium.