Score: Roanoke 4 | Concordia (WI) 0
Records: Roanoke 12-2 | Concordia 4-7
Location: Kerr Stadium
The Basics: Roanoke scored four goals in the second half to earn a 4-0 win over Concordia (WI) in non-conference action Thursday to reach the 12-win mark on the season.
How it Happened:
- After a scoreless first half, Roanoke scored three goals within the first eight minutes of the second half to take control of the game
- Emilee Wooten broke open to the game with a goal off a rebound of a shot from Leonore Keunen just under three minutes into the second half to give RC a 1-0 advantage.
- Kestrel Thorne-Kaunelis doubled the lead four minutes later with a goal off a penalty corner at the 41:25 mark.
- Lauren Heffron followed suit as she found the back of the cage off another RC penalty corner at the 43-minute mark to make it a 3-0 game.
- Wooten rounded out the scoring with a goal off a breakaway with 17 minutes remaining in the contest.
- Roanoke outshot the Falcons 22-2 on the day and goalkeeper Heather Schauder only had to make on save on the day.
- Kennedy Boyer made 14 saves in cage for Concordia, with 10 coming in the first half to keep the game scoreless.
Up Next: Roanoke heads to Washington College for a non-conference match-up at 1 p.m. on Saturday.