Score: Ferrum 8, No. 4 Roanoke 7
Records: No. 4 Roanoke 19-4 | Ferrum 12-18
Location: Ferrum, Va.
The Lead: Ferrum snapped No. 4 Roanoke's 15 game winning streak, slipping past the Maroons 8-7 in 11 innings on Tuesday.
How it Happened
- Roanoke went up 2-0 in the first inning when Eli Sumpter singled with one out then scored on a Will Salva home run.
- Ferrum got a run back in the home-half of the first inning before Dean Hermanson doubled to lead off the RC second inning and came around to score on a two-out double by Sumpter to make it 3-1.
- With the score 3-2 RC in the fourth inning, Scott Ellis and Sean Guida delivered back-to-back singles with one out before each moving up a base on a groundout by Sumpter. Salva singled to bring both runners home and make it a 5-2 game.
- In the Panthers fourth inning, Ferrum got a leadoff single by Nathaniel Anthony who advanced to second on an RC error. Brandon West followed with a triple to score Anthony and he would score on a Maroon error to make the score 5-4.
- Roanoke's Robbie Edwards tripled to lead off the fifth inning and scored on a one-out Will Smith single to extended RC's lead to 6-4.
- RC took advantage of a Ferrum error in the seventh inning to go up 7-4 before a Garrett Dorton home run in the bottom half of the inning made it 7-5.
- Ferrum scored single runs in the eighth and ninth innings to tie the game then scored the game-winning winning run in the bottom of the 11th when the Maroons could not convert a double play opportunity.
Up Next: The Maroons are right back in action tomorrow when they host Lynchburg at 7:00 p.m. in an ODAC game.